Anytime I need to pack, I always try to look for the best way to pack my luggage because I don’t really know how to pack my things very well in suitcases. However, there are some other people that are very good with packing their luggage effectively.
And so, here are some tips on how to effectively pack your luggage when you are traveling:
- Bring out all you the things you need to take along with you: before you start packing, you need to determine what and what you need to take along with you, and set them to one side. By doing this, you will have an idea of what you are working with, and how much space you need.
- Place the heaviest items close to the wheels of the suitcase: rather than placing the lightweight items close to the wheels of the suitcase, place heavy items there instead.
- Roll soft clothes instead of folding: it is no longer news that rolling clothes rather than folding them helps to save a lot of space. And so, instead of folding some soft clothes like tops, you can roll them and place them in the suitcase.
- Put your foot wears in shoe bags: you can also put in your shoes in a shoe bag, and place them in the suitcase.
- Make use of the pockets in the suitcase: don’t forget that you have spaces in the pockets of the suitcase, and so, you can make use of that to put some of your things.
- Put your toiletries in a transparent bag: in order to be able to access your toiletries better, you can put them in a transparent bag.
- Get creative with empty spaces in bags, shoes, and pockets: remember that there are empty spaces in your shoes for instance; you can out in some things in your shoes. You can put in your phone chargers for instance.
- Take a lightweight bag for laundry: don’t forget to take along a lightweight bag that you can easily fold in your suitcase, for laundry.
- Take only what you need: you need to be honest with yourself and take only those things you will need on your trip.
- Strategize the way you will wear your cloth: for instance, you can think about how you can wear a blazer in 2 ways, or how you can pair jeans with 2 tops. In addition, you need to not take excessive handbags (for the ladies), you can take along a handbag that will complement all your outfits you will be wearing.
- Use a luggage you can easily distinguish from others: don’t use a luggage that will make it difficult for you to be able to identify it among other luggage.
- Keep your important things in your handbag or bag pack: you can also carry a handbag or a bag pack to put some of your important things like passport, phones, documents, etc.
Do you know other tips for packing suitcases you would like to share with us? Please drop your comments in the comment box below. Also, don’t forget to like and share this post, thank you.