I first stumbled on the idea of “Five Good Things” on hellogemma, KatieCotugno, and then a few other blogs. The idea was quite intriguing to me as each blog post I read had a uniqueness to it but with a central theme – counting the little things.
I decided I was going to try it out. So, the deal is to list five good “things” that you are thankful happened during the course of the week, an extended period of time or generally things that make you happy.
So here goes my five good things:
- The site has a new look/feel – I was looking forward to making the user experience more seamless and I am glad I took the plunge. I am also back to writing after a few days hiatus.
- I got to see a video of the hard copy of the magazines after several delays in the planned schedule. This is truly a great thing for me and everyone who has been expecting or has been a part of the journey one way or the other.
- I am finally getting a hang of how to use my canon t5i. My brother remotely taught me a few tricks. I took a few pictures which came out good as opposed to a few months ago. That is a milestone for me.
- Technology! It helps me connect with friends and family who are near and far from me.
- I am moving out in a day! I have mixed feelings because this has been my home for about a year but at the same time, I am happy for the time I spent here and looking forward to a totally new experience. Most of all an opportunity to redecorate and proximity to places I need to be in frequently.
You can choose to always see the good that happens constantly around you. Today I stumbled on a horrendous video on Facebook that I couldn’t fathom. Sometimes it seems like bad things outweigh the good but if you look closely, there are good things happening around you.
Things may not always go as planned but always remember you can decide to see the good in every situation or the bad. My assurance irrespective of the ongoings is God. So many things may not have gone as I planned or wanted them to go, but in the end, they turned out fine.
What are your five good things? You can start like this, my five good things are (1) Movies (2) Pizza/Food (3) Books (4) Writing (5) Dancing in the rain…