In today’s world with the different happenings, we must constantly seek to encourage ourselves. A great time to do this would be in the morning when we haven’t allowed the negativity of the world get the better of us. Rather than complain about the negative things going on around us, we should positively reinforce our day and this requires a conscious effort on our part. Hence, the reason for
affirmations faith confessions, to help kick-start our day on a high note.
Affirmations or Faith confessions as I would like to call them are spoken words rooted in scriptures which remind us of God’s promises concerning us and our daily living. God is interested in how we carry on each day, he doesn’t expect us to struggle through each day without hope or barely thriving. Faith confession from scriptures helps us remember God’s promises as we carry on with our day to day activities irrespective of what happens around us.
I have singled out a few Faith Confessions which I believe is a good place to start if you are new to affirmations or if you have already started you can add a few more to the ones which you have. I stumbled on GossipforJesus thoughts on affirmations and they had this to say:
“Affirmations usually contain encouraging and inspirational words! However, Christian Affirmations are very powerful because the user is declaring God’s Word! Biblical Affirmations fill us with faith and confidence by helping us believe in God’s promises for our lives!”
20 Affirmation To Start Each Day With
- All things are working together for my good (Romans 8:28)
- I am patient with everyone (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
- I am peculiar (1 Peter 2:9)
- I am the head and not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:13)
- Kings will come to my rising (Isaiah 60:3)
- I have more understanding than my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation (Psalms 119:99)
- The Lord shall supply all my needs according to his riches in Glory (Philippians 4:19)
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139:14)
- I am joyful (John 15:11)
- I am favoured (Proverbs 8:35)
- I am Kind (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- I give freely (Matthew 10:18)
- I am loved (John 3:16)
- I keep no account of wrongdoing (1 Corinthians 13:5)
- I have a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I am led in all things by God (Romans 8:14)
- I always win (2 Corinthians 2:14)
- I delight in the word of the Lord (Psalms 1:2)
- The Lord is my shield, I fear no one (Psalms 27:1)
These affirmations have been extracted from scriptures and I encourage/recommend that you read most of the scriptures as some of them are more lengthy than what has been written here. Do not just stop at saying them in the morning, go ahead and say them during the day when you are perturbed or feel a need to; stick them on your office desk or in your room as a reminder. You can also carry them everywhere – on your phone, in a notebook…Everywhere!
What do you think about affirmations? What are your favourite Faith confessions? Let us know in the comments.